“O Nyx, whose darkness holds all the mysteries in shade,
O flame lit stars, whose golden rays with Luna light float near,
Black Queen who knows the untold desire that works our will,
Ekate Apotropaios Grant us your protection this night
from harm & malevolence as we give honour to you.”
I followed my new tradition of drinking the reflected moonlight out of my cup of life-sustaining water. I read the words posted above that I found on this site, I breathed heavily as I expelled all the negative emotions and energy inside my body. During the full moon, I usually don’t work on banishing but this, this was an act of cleansing and pure intention. My greatest wish, were the words I repeated.
There is a negative energy directed towards my home and us, as well. Tonight I decided to do some work in regards to such matters with a focus on the use of salt and pepper. There is a long history of salt having protective qualities, to read about using salt in magic visit here. Black pepper is also known for banishing negativity.
1. I cleansed my home with a bundle of wild harvested sage (purchased here: non-affiliate link) while saying repeatedly “Lord moves thine evil influence!”
2. Followed by a physical cleaning of my home. My preferred method is to physically clean first but I felt I needed to cleanse with sage immediately and so I did.
3. Using a mixture of sea salt and black pepper I deposited pinches of it in the all corners of my home and laid it across the window sills.
4. Using a clean spray bottle I mixed what was left of the salt and pepper into water and sprayed down my doors and door jams and washed them. My front door was the last door I washed.
5. Silver dimes were laid under my door mats.
6. I threw salt out the windows and out the front door cursing the unwanted to never come back!
Once all of that was done, I drank in a cold glass of water feeling blessed and then showered and scrubbed with salt!
It’s not the best photo. The moon itself was absolutely amazing, so large-so bright – it shone like a beacon in the sky! I was incredibly happy to see the moon as the night before there was serious cloud cover and sometimes it’s just not dark enough to see celestial occurrences in Alaska.
For the couple of days before the super moon, I felt extremely bad and it only worsened by Saturday. My body felt racked, exhausted. My emotions were plummeting. Once I saw that bright beacon of a super moon however, my heart soared. Suddenly having more pep I put my magickal items on the window sill, including a jar of water. I cleansed myself and my home with sage and prayers, after that I did two tarot card readings using my “Tarot of the Witches” deck by Fergus Hall. A career reading for my guy and a love reading for me 🙂
We ate some snacks and drank a little ale, it was a good night. Blessed be )0(