3 tealights, one with pepper, cinnamon and the last tealight is with catnip.
Happy Solstice! Blessed Yule! Happy Holidays!
We return to the light of longer days, to warmer days!
A time of hope and the future!
The photo is from my Instagram. My sweet and I had been having extremely troubling dreams for a few nights and we decided to do some cleansing of our bedroom. Under the bed, and in every corner. I like to call it “changing the air.” He used the smoke of an incense stick (we’ve been out of our normal sage bundle) and I lit 3 tealights. One with black pepper, (banishment/protection) the second with cinnamon (protection & to fill the space with sweetness & prosperity) and the third catnip – an offering to Freya, as it was a Friday and she is a goddess I pay homage too. A goddess of sex, love & beauty but also a fierce warrior! It all seemed very appropriate, and it worked. No problems since. I also like to use a white feather to move the air, creating circulation of movement, letting nothing stay stale or idle.
There is a negative energy directed towards my home and us, as well. Tonight I decided to do some work in regards to such matters with a focus on the use of salt and pepper. There is a long history of salt having protective qualities, to read about using salt in magic visit here. Black pepper is also known for banishing negativity.
1. I cleansed my home with a bundle of wild harvested sage (purchased here: non-affiliate link) while saying repeatedly “Lord moves thine evil influence!”
2. Followed by a physical cleaning of my home. My preferred method is to physically clean first but I felt I needed to cleanse with sage immediately and so I did.
3. Using a mixture of sea salt and black pepper I deposited pinches of it in the all corners of my home and laid it across the window sills.
4. Using a clean spray bottle I mixed what was left of the salt and pepper into water and sprayed down my doors and door jams and washed them. My front door was the last door I washed.
5. Silver dimes were laid under my door mats.
6. I threw salt out the windows and out the front door cursing the unwanted to never come back!
Once all of that was done, I drank in a cold glass of water feeling blessed and then showered and scrubbed with salt!