I had recently came across a blog post regarding the subject matter of “Limpia.” (source) My feeling is that Limpia is not only a divination tool but also a cleansing ritual. It involves the use of an egg that is rubbed along the entire body, including the bottom of the feet. The egg is then cracked to reveal the troubles/problems/outcome. Tonight, I decided to perform this ritual.
1. I cleansed the area and myself before performing the rite, using smoke from an incense stick relevant to the ritual.
2. I laid a white paper towel on which I placed a small white bowl. Any white plate/bowl etc can be used. I made the personal choice to pour sea salt in the bottom of the bowl and added two bay leaves for purity and protection.
3. I placed a glass inside the bowl on top of the salt. I poured water which I blessed inside the glass. Water is holy and blessed on its own. I gave thanks to my easy access to clean running water and the life it provides. I also took a sip and drank it in, grateful.
4. When I cupped the egg in my hands I awoke it to its duties at hand. I immediately ran the egg all over my body, starting with my third eye. I rubbed the egg along my skin until I felt light and almost tingly. This in itself without the divination had a desirable positive result. I felt lighter.
5. I cracked the egg into the water. I took photos before placing on the floor. It is currently near my feet, when I go to sleep it will be under my bed to finish absorbing any negative energies.
Getting ready to perform the limpia ritual.
The top view of the egg after the limpia ritual was performed.
The side view of the egg after the limpia ritual was performed.
I will update most likely tomorrow with photos of the egg after a night of absorbing any residual negative energies in the area as I sleep. This is my first attempt in a cleansing/divination like this. **Update 8-8-14**
egg oracle, see the tear bubble – spirit/entity attached
See the large bubble connected to the yolk area – indicates a spirit or entity attached to the person. It could be either positive or negative.
top closer view, see black speck/sediment denotes an enemy
I found a large black speck on the left side in this picture very close to the yolk – indicates an enemy.
many small bubbles indicate multiple physical attacks with milkiness showing use of magick
There were so many small bubbles and a milkiness in the glass this morning. The small bubbles indicate physical attacks, the more bubbles the more attacks. The milkiness indicate that magick was used against the person. It surrounds the yolk. I can’t decide it it’s actually negative. It seems somewhat protective but I could be confused. I also see birds which would show the act of being spied on.
My second thought is if it’s possible for the egg to absorb negativity/energies/forces at work from another person sharing the same bed. I am going to perform this ritual again on myself and my spouse.