I have not been especially active in my practice as of late. For me, (as much as I love the moon) full moon periods are actually quite debilitating in some ways. My body begins to feel a build up of energy (I must learn to use this energy in a beneficial manner/purpose) and by the time the moon is full, I am exhausted. This year we had a series of 3 supermoons fairly close to each other, which meant the effect of the moon was more intense upon me. With the first supermoon, I had a nervous/hyper irritated energy. During the second supermoon, I felt drained – absolutely drained. The third supermoon was brutal for me, my body ached beyond belief. I had headaches, back aches, neck aches, knee pain and felt sick. I conducted 2 days worth of detox during that time, including: sea salt and soda baths, meditation (lots of it) and different nutritional/hydration routines.
My feeling is, I need to learn to better prepare for the full moon. Journaling and expressing myself through art and music seems appropriate. Preparation for any work to occur during the full moon should be done at least one week in advance, in order to help ensure my practice isn’t lost from me during that time. Extra time must be made for myself, in regards to sleep and replenishment of not only my physical vessel but also my spiritual needs.
During this last supermoon, I did find a very helpful video on YouTube on a channel I subscribe to.
Here is the link to her page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ6rVQbFVbHQDcunrxd1NVA
My detox bath included 2 simple ingredients:
1. Sea salt (1 cup)
2. Aluminum free baking soda (Arm & Hammer) (1 cup)
Use the hottest water you can tolerate comfortable to help your pores open and help your muscles relax, and keep plenty of water to drink beside the tub. The bath should last 30 minutes. If you have questions about if a detox bath is safe for you or how often you can take one safely, please refer to your personal physician.
I had recently came across a blog post regarding the subject matter of “Limpia.” (source) My feeling is that Limpia is not only a divination tool but also a cleansing ritual. It involves the use of an egg that is rubbed along the entire body, including the bottom of the feet. The egg is then cracked to reveal the troubles/problems/outcome. Tonight, I decided to perform this ritual.
1. I cleansed the area and myself before performing the rite, using smoke from an incense stick relevant to the ritual.
2. I laid a white paper towel on which I placed a small white bowl. Any white plate/bowl etc can be used. I made the personal choice to pour sea salt in the bottom of the bowl and added two bay leaves for purity and protection.
3. I placed a glass inside the bowl on top of the salt. I poured water which I blessed inside the glass. Water is holy and blessed on its own. I gave thanks to my easy access to clean running water and the life it provides. I also took a sip and drank it in, grateful.
4. When I cupped the egg in my hands I awoke it to its duties at hand. I immediately ran the egg all over my body, starting with my third eye. I rubbed the egg along my skin until I felt light and almost tingly. This in itself without the divination had a desirable positive result. I felt lighter.
5. I cracked the egg into the water. I took photos before placing on the floor. It is currently near my feet, when I go to sleep it will be under my bed to finish absorbing any negative energies.
I will update most likely tomorrow with photos of the egg after a night of absorbing any residual negative energies in the area as I sleep. This is my first attempt in a cleansing/divination like this. **Update 8-8-14**
See the large bubble connected to the yolk area – indicates a spirit or entity attached to the person. It could be either positive or negative.
I found a large black speck on the left side in this picture very close to the yolk – indicates an enemy.
There were so many small bubbles and a milkiness in the glass this morning. The small bubbles indicate physical attacks, the more bubbles the more attacks. The milkiness indicate that magick was used against the person. It surrounds the yolk. I can’t decide it it’s actually negative. It seems somewhat protective but I could be confused. I also see birds which would show the act of being spied on.
My second thought is if it’s possible for the egg to absorb negativity/energies/forces at work from another person sharing the same bed. I am going to perform this ritual again on myself and my spouse.
There is a negative energy directed towards my home and us, as well. Tonight I decided to do some work in regards to such matters with a focus on the use of salt and pepper. There is a long history of salt having protective qualities, to read about using salt in magic visit here. Black pepper is also known for banishing negativity.
1. I cleansed my home with a bundle of wild harvested sage (purchased here: non-affiliate link) while saying repeatedly “Lord moves thine evil influence!”
2. Followed by a physical cleaning of my home. My preferred method is to physically clean first but I felt I needed to cleanse with sage immediately and so I did.
3. Using a mixture of sea salt and black pepper I deposited pinches of it in the all corners of my home and laid it across the window sills.
4. Using a clean spray bottle I mixed what was left of the salt and pepper into water and sprayed down my doors and door jams and washed them. My front door was the last door I washed.
5. Silver dimes were laid under my door mats.
6. I threw salt out the windows and out the front door cursing the unwanted to never come back!
Once all of that was done, I drank in a cold glass of water feeling blessed and then showered and scrubbed with salt!